Saturday 22 December 2007

I found this book in the library today and am looking forward to having a good look at it. The material I bought yesterday at Spotlight to make a couple of bags. I am showing this in B&W so the recipients won't see what colour bag they are getting.
Speaking of books, this is my all time favourite sewing/craft book by Yolanda Gifford. I love her style and even did a major Visual Art assignment on her last year.
I have my own version of this scrap quilt in my pile of UFO's. I am determined to finish it by next winter, it would be perfect to cuddle up with on the lounge to read a book or watch a bit of TV.

Yesterday I had a rather surreal (but fantastic) moment at the school Talent Quest. After what seemed like 100 Veronicas/Delta/JT/Christina A songs, a little girl (who was born in India by the way) got up and sang one of my favourite Paul Kelly songs, "Have you ever seen Sydney from a 727 at night?". I nearly fell off my chair, but was delighted just the same. I have decided to put the lyrics here for all to see. Enjoy!!

Have you ever seen Sydney from a 727 at night?
Sydney shines such a beautiful light
And I can see Bondi through my window way off to the right
And the curling waves on a distant break
And the sleeping city just about to wake
Have you ever seen Sydney from a 727 at night?
Now the red roofs are catching the first rays of the morning sun
My eyes are full of sand from my midnight run
And the captain says belt up now we'll be touching down in ten
So I press my seat and I straighten up
I fold my tray and I stash my cup
As the red roofs are catching the first rays of the morning sun
Have you ever fallen for a girl with different coloured eyes?
And sent her letters full of lies
Have you ever longed to see the sun fall where it used to rise?
And quit your job on the spot
Bought that ticket yeah spent the lot
Have you ever fallen for a girl with different coloured eyes?
Have you ever seen Sydney from a 727 at night?
Have you ever seen Sydney from a 727 at night?
Have you ever seen Sydney from a 727 at night?
Me I've never seen Dallas from a DC9






No comments: