Wednesday 15 September 2010

I heart Queenstown!

We have just returned from a week in Queenstown, NZ. Wow! What an unreal place.
It was so spectacular being constantly surrounded by snow capped mountains, and perched on the edge of a beautiful lake. We took my mum along as our travelling 'nanny' as ben was too little for lots of the activities.

We went skiing, jet-boating (twice), on a helicopter ride, quadbiking.... and a few other less extreme activities like winetasting, and plenty of delicious food.

This is our luggage. We don't travel light, but it is my aim to from now on. A friend who recently MOVED to Hong Kong with 4 kids said she took less than this. I also met a family in NZ who had recently done Europe with their 2 kids for 6 weeks with CARRY ON LUGGAGE ONLY!!!! Woah.
I might start my new regime this weekend by turning up at KWC just with a sleeping bag and the clothes on my back??? Wonder how my roomies will feel about that?

1 comment:

pippi said...

Love that pic of you on the mountain! I hear Japan has good skiing too Jo... hint hint...